I’ve been asked by the owners of a two-room flat situated in the Wilda District in Poznań to renovate apartment and make it fit for rent again, it was located in the third floor, with a nice antique elevator from the last 20th century. It consisted of a hall, two rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom.
What had to be done?
- The main problem was the minimal functionality of the bathroom. Namely a huge archaic shower tube, a washing machine standing on make-fit platform and a sink so hard to reach it makes a challenge to wash your hands.
- The wardrobe in the hall was so huge that only one person could pass though it at a time.
- Improper installation of the stove lead to it not being properly ventilated which in turn resulted in it burning.
- The flat was painted following 90s tends, with blue and yellow overtaking the scene and further contributing to limiting the functionally of what’s already not a spacious nor functional flat.
What has been done?
- We have enhanced the functionality of the bathroom removing the platform of the washing machine and switching the positions of the sink and the washing machine.
- Sanitary ceramics and armature have been changed in favour for new ones from Koło and Grohe. The blue and yellow terracotta tiles were replaced by grey tiles (60×60 cm) together with wooden tiles as an addition. We have bought a new heater and relocated it to the neighbouring
- The addition of grey tiles gave the impression of a larger space compared to previous mix of blue and terracotta. The walls have been painted grey (NCS S-1000 N) to match, adding to the feel of spaciousness across the rooms of the flat.
- We have changed the flooring panels in the rooms in favour of Krono’s Luna Oak Livorno and used a dedicated skirting-board.
- The doors have also been replaced with DRE Standard 40 to match the floor panels.
- We kept the kitchen cabinets but had to change the countertop to have an optimal space for an Amica stove along with an Amica exhaust hood.
- New wardrobe was made by a well-known carpenter, having its fronts resembling A mirror and a clothes hanger have also been added in the hall.
- The lights in the hall, the kitchen and the bathroom have been replaced by LEDs, which additionally brightened and enlarged that space.